I don't think I will ever create another hamster video for public viewing again. It hurts too damn much.
Last night I found out someone had stolen my video and put it up without permission on break.com. If that is not bad enough, he/she has allowed all manner of comments to be posted, including vulgar, racist and plain offensive comments.
I died inside as I read some of the comments. But immediately flared back to life when I saw someone label the creator as "being Asian".
WTF HAS THAT TO DO WITH A HAMSTER YOU LOW-LIFE, PIECE OF WHITE TRASH!!!!
I am now in discussion with break.com authorities to remove the video. They have listed a set of requirements I need to follow and fulfill in order to prove my ownership. It is incredibly ridiculous to have to be made to go through all this just because I wanted to put up a video and spread some smiles to my faithful Flickr friends.
It is crazy that on top of my views on Youtube (Views : 100,084, Comments: 122 and Faves : 438 at last count), Mocha's video at break.com (Views: 337,282 and Comments: 727 - of which more than half are offensive comments) brings the grand total of views to over 437,000. My original intention to spread a few smiles around has gone completely berserk.
I have not recovered from my headaches, I have not recovered from the traffic resulting from the feature on CO, and I have assignments to research. I go back to my favourite saying at times like these:
"It never rains but pours with idiots."
If I suddenly go missing from the online world, I hope those of you with brains will know why.
- 29 March 2007 3:58pm -
2 comments:
Aww... don't take it too hard. Look on the bright side of things, like the saying goes, "In the darkest, we see the stars." Your flickr fans will stand by you through it! Stay strong yea! p/s: awaiting for more cute ham photos from u ;)
oh man - what an awful situation.
I'm SO sorry.
Post a Comment